The History of Wynnstay Group PLC
1917 - Wynnstay founded as a farmers co-operative.
1918 - First General Manager of the Society appointed, Mr Joseph Henry Dowle.
1922 - Society begins to sell coal
1928 - Plans are developed for a mill for the Wynnstay Farmers Association to grind their own animal meals.
1931 - Wynnstay's first mill opens in Llansantffraid
1939 - Announced that Wynnstay's balanced rations can now be supplied in cubes.
1942 - Seed cleaning plant is established, along with machinery for grinding limestone.
1943 - Old Brewery at Llansantffriad was purchased and used as a seed cleaning station and warehouse.
1943 - Wynnstay Farmers Association Silver Jubilee.
1943 - 1950 - Presidency of Major W.M Dugdale D.S.O.
1944 - Grass Drying and Agricultural Services started operating from Hendomen, Montgomeryshire.
1950 - 1959 - Presidency of Evan Hughes J.P.
1955 - Wynnstay Farmers Association and Montgomeryshire Farmers Association were amalgamated.
1956 - West Midland Egg Packing Station at Newtown was acquired.
1957 - Mr J.H. Dowle retires, J.L. Ferguson takes up the position of the new General Manager.
1958 - 1970 - Presidency of Mr E.R. Morris J.P.
1959 - Freehold of the mill at Llansantffraid purchased.
1959 - Contract is given to the North Western Farmers Building Department to build a large square tower which later contained bulk unloaded bins.
1959 - Formation of the Wynnstay Filling Station Limited on Llanidloes Road, Newtown.
1962 - Mr J.I.Ferguson resigns, Mr J.R Owen was appointed as General Manager.
1963 - Society becomes Wynnstay and Montgomeryshire Farmers Limited, a board of directors is appointed and an advisory commitee initiated.
1963 - Wynnstay Quality Weaner Group and Wynnstay Quality Egg Group founded.
1966 - Remainder of disused railway station at Llansantffraid purchased for development.
1968 - Wynnstay Filling Station closed.
1968 - Societies Golden Jubilee
1969 - Newtown Egg Packing Station is closed.
1969 - A joint working party is set up with the C.W.S Agricultural Milling Group to start manufacturing feed stuffs at Llansantffraid.
1969 - Mr E.R. Morris retires from presidency
1970-1974 - Presidency of Major J.E.M. Dugdale
1970 - New weighbridge was installed at Llansantffraid.
1970 - Coal section of the Society sold to Messers. Pickstock of Meifod.
1973 - New mill is officially opened by the Secretary of State for Wales.
1974-1981 - Presidency of Mr W.R. Morris
1974 - Expansion of bulk out loading storage facilities.
1975 - Eagle House purchased in Llansantffraid along with Tan Yard Farm.
1979 - Contracts placed for development of the Mill plant, a Maintenance Garage on the Tan Yard, extension of Eagle house for an administration center, improved IT and improvements of the packing facilities.
1989 - Wynnstay and Montgomeryshire Farmers Ltd, amalgamates with Vale of Clwyd Farmers, to become Wynnstay and Clwyd Farmers.
1992 - Company is amalgamated to become Wynnstay and Clwyd Farmers.
1995 - Joined the OFEX to provide a trading platform for its ordinary shares.
2001 - Company name was changed to Wynnstay Group.
2003 - Trade name of Eifionydd Farmers transferred to the company.
2004 - Robin Williams and Son acquired
2004 - Company AIM listed
2005- Carmarthen Mill bought from Dalgety in a three way joint venture involving Clynderwen Farmers, Wynnstay and Bibby Ltd
2005- Wynnstay bought 25% share in Bibby bought from Carrs Billington following Bibby Ltd collapse in July 2005 (October)
2006 - Acquisition of Glasson Grain, major agricultural trade supplier and manufacturer
2007- First Just for Pets store opened
2008- Wilsons Pet Centres acquired and re-branded Just for Pets
2008- Wynnstay acquired W.F.P and at which point had a 50% share in Bibby Ltd
2007 - Wrekin Country Stores acquired
2009 - Youngs Animal Feeds acquired
2010 - Woodhead Seeds acquired
2011 - Wrekin Grain acquired and GrainLink formed
2013 - Wynnstay starts trading as Wynnstay (Agricultural Supplies) Ltd as part of revised structure, managed by two directors, Mr Gareth Davies (Agriculture) and Mr Andrew Evans (Specialist Retail), with supporting divisional directors
2013 - Carmarthen and Pumsaint Farmers acquired
2015 - Agricentre acquired
2015 - Ross Feeds acquired, S. Jones & Sons and Horti-stores acquired