Holm & Laue Igloo
- Very open design offers a protected micro-climatic shelter to calves
- Takes two persons 30 minutes to set up
- Accommodates up to 15 calves at a time, promoting early bonding
- Hemispherical shape of the Igloo creates a specific ventilation effect allowing any stale air to be exhausted
- Specifically engineered coating of the Igloo results in maximum reflection of solar energy
- Temperature does not rise excessively inside the Igloo and it offers the calves a cool spot to relax, even on a hot summer day
Housing calves in an outdoor environment has become increasingly popular over recent years as people discover the health advantages of it. Maximum supply of fresh air ensures that the bacterial challenges are kept to a minimum. This has been achieved through the use of the individual hutch for many years, the igloo offers the same advantages but with the added advantage of reduced labour inputs.
The Igloo has been used very successfully for many years. Farmer though out Europe have been using the igloos, standing the test of the harsh Scandavian Winters, the heavy autumn storms of the west coast of Scotland, the Netherlands and Germany's West Coast, and the hot and dry summers of Turkey.
The H&L Igloo is designed as a domed hemisphere, which is the cause for its various advantages:
- Fresh air is supplied through the entrance opening
- The thermal behaviour of the air causes the warmer exhaust air to rise to the top of the Igloo where it leaves through the four ventilation shafts. Therefore, no undesirable draught can form in the calves resting area. In addition to this, winds hitting the Igloo from outside create a suction effect at the top that results in improved ventilation.
|Manufacturer||Holm & Laue|
|Exclusive to us||No|