As summer approaches and temperatures increase, the threat of red mite increases. Costing European poultry producers €360 million each year, red mite is not an issue to be swept ‘beneath the slats’. In this blog I share my insight into how to stop red mite impacting flock performance through prevention, monitoring and treatment strategies.
Nettex Total Hygiene Powder 200g
The killing action works mechanically on the surface of the mites, breaking down their waxy protective coating, which causes them to dehydrate and die
- A naturally absorbant powder that can be applied to birds
- It has a high affinity for moisture and odour absorbtion to promote hygiene and dryness
- The resultant environment discourages infestation by mites and crawling insects
- Contains Diatomaceous Earth
Only available in store!
Please contact your local store to purchase.
How to use
- Apply in the nest box and on top of bedding as it is an effective way of applying powder to the hens underside when they set down to lay.
- Repeat weekly when cleaning out the house.
- Mite Kill powder may also be mixed with wood ash in the dust bath, which should be in a covered area of the run.
|Exclusive to us||No|
Write Your Own Review