Aurelius Maize Seed
Good early vigour with high yield potential
- A Novel Approach to Crop Nutrition and Biostimulation
- Pay Close Attention to Maize Crop Nutrition
- Planning ahead for the 2021 maize crop
- Maize Silage - Protect The Investment
- Crop Protection
- Crop Nutrition - Give the Crop a Good Start
- Growing Maize Under Film
- Volac Research Sheds Light on Multi-Cut Silage
- Top tips to minimise losses during clamp filling and storage
- Influencing & Evaluating Crop Performance
• High dry matter yield
• Performs well under plastic fi lm
• Balanced starch and ME content
Growing A Successful Maize Crop
It is now the time of year, where we look at the results from harvest and decide whether this maize growing season has been a success. As a forage crop, maize is palatable, high in energy, starch rich and has a good ME – all of which contribute to improved milk and meat production.
Therefore, if your crop hasn’t produced the quantity and quality that you were hoping for this season, it may be that small changes to the way the crop is grown, could make a big difference to your results come harvest. If your maize has performed well this season, then looking at the finer details of growing a maize crop could enhance yield and nutritional value, whilst making maize production much more cost-effective.
At Wynnstay, our specialists provide bespoke advice on all aspects of maize crop management:
Of course, the factor which has greatest influence over the success of the crop is the weather, and this is totally out of our control. My advice to all growers is to apply attention to detail to every aspect of the crop’s management, and work with your Wynnstay specialist to ensure you are making the most effective decisions on inputs for your farm.
Maize silage additive is available from stock and can also be delivered at short notice.
Silage sheets and Clingseal are also available from Wynnstay Stores and Wynnstay Agricentres, click here to find out more.
Wynnstay Arable Department
|Exclusive to us||No|