The problems with weed control in-gamecover crops usually arise because the combination of several different crop species in the mixture, it can make it difficult to find herbicides that are safe to all the components. Weed pressure is also increased when cover crops are sown on the same piece of land for a number of years.
Sweet Clover Seed Mix
- A nectar producing biennial clover
- Thrives on neutral and calcareous soils
- Ability to fix “free nitrogen”
- Second year growth can reach 1-2 metres in height
- Best sown in conjunction with kale or canary grass
- Sow in a shallow seedbed at 10 kilos per hectare
- Supplied in 5 kilo and 25 kilo units
- Crop height 85-150cm
Sweet Clover is a nectar producing biennial clover best sown in conjunction with Kale or Canary grass. Sweet Clover’s deep tap roots thrive on neutral and calcareous soils and can penetrate hard compacted soils that assist with improving drainage. Sweet Clover also produces leafy foliage that adds good organic matter to the soil improving the soil structure. Sweet Clover attracts a wide range of insects that then encourage birds. Sweet Clover is usually sown in April – May and sown in a shallow seed bed at 4kg/acre.
|Exclusive to us||No|