Ewe 2 Feeder - 25L
- Sits outside the pen
- Ensures optimum safety and avoids spillages
- Durable 300W steel heater element
- Not made from glass so unlikely to break
- Easily controlled thermostat
- Allows complete control over the temperature
- Comes with minisucklers, non-return valves and silicone tubing
- Complete unit ready for use- no additional equipment needed
- Milk consumed little and often
- Less risk of digestive upsets
- 25 litre capacity and will rear up to 20 lambs
Provide your lambs with the very best start in life with the Ewe 2 Feeder. Supply up to 20 lambs with the essential nutrients for improved efficiency, productivity and lamb health, for effective use we recommend keeping no more than 25 lambs in a warm, draught-free shed.
Requirements for the use of the Ewe 2 Feeder
It is recommended that you keep a maximum of 25 lambs in a 5 x 5 3ft hurdles for lambs over 13kg. Freshwater and straw should be available at all times to help aid rumen development, a high level of hygiene should be maintained to avoid any potential threats to your lamb’s health.
The Ewe 2 Feeder User Guide
To set up the feeder you will need one teat per 10 lambs, a power source for the heating element and an essential safety checks are carried out with electrical outputs. Avoid wet and uneven surfaces when placing the Ewe 2 Feeder.
It is recommended that lambs start on milk at 30 °C, once the lamb is feeding well on the teats the temperature can be reduced by 10°C- 12°C. By reducing the temperature you will reduce the risk of over consumption.
Cleaning the feeder regularly will ensure durability and reduce the build-up of bacteria. The inner bucket should be cleaned daily prior to refilling. The best way in which to clean the bucket is to rinse with lukewarm water, use detergent and hot water whilst scrubbing away any remnants. Finally, rinse with clean water to remove any traces of the detergent and refill the feeder.