Feed Mineral Audit
Our Wynnstay Specialists are on-hand to offer you advice on the specific type of supplements that will enhance your livestock from our enhanced Mineral Range through our Mineral Audit. This is an important service because a deficiency of essential minerals could result in poor production in your herd or flock and, in turn, lead to a big and unwelcome dent in your profits.
This is because when your livestock are deficient in one essential mineral, they will probably be deficient in two or more other essential minerals too.
Book an audit TODAY!
Please provide details of your herd and the best time for one of our specialists to contact you.
What does our audit cover?
The Mineral Audit will review the following:
- Assessment of current ration/s of early, mid, late lactation, dry cows and youngstock
- Consideration of all other sources of minerals being fed including boluses, drinking water etc
- Laboratory analysis of grass silage
- Comparison with up-to-date mineral targets related to milk yield or animal type, enables a customised mineral specification to be formulated
- The capability to balance complete diets in terms of minerals and micronutrients enables animal production to be supported, while avoiding mineral-related deficiency diseases which adversely affect health, fertility and production
- Monitoring of the effects of feeding customised minerals, including milk analysis