The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, e-mail address or mailing address.
This website is continually improved by adding new functionality and features and by improving and adding to existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, data practices will change from time to time. If and when data practices change, such changes will (as soon as practicable) be posted on this website to notify you of the changes. You should check this page frequently.
You will understandably have a concern about privacy. Your privacy is respected and your personal information is treated with the highest standards of safety, security and confidentiality. To better protect your privacy, this notice explains manual and online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by Wynnstay manually and on this website. If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may direct them to email@example.com or to the Data Protection Officer based at Wynnstay, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ
Collection of Personal Data including e-mail addresses
Information is collected about you in an effort to make products and services on this website more efficient and customized to you. You are free to browse this website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous.
The information you provide will be collected and stored. You may use this website to register to receive additional information or services. When you register, you will be asked for contact information like your name, postal address, e-mail address and account number.
The information that you provide is sometimes supplemented with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate post codes are received, third party software may be used to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which Personal Data is collected, processed and used include the following:
- To respond to and administer your requests and to fulfil your orders for products and services including processing payment (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.respond to and administer your requests and to fulfil your orders for products and services including processing payment (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- To improve products and services, make your experience more efficient and relevant and provide you with a personalised service, and communicate with you including responding to your queries.
- To administer this website.
- To undertake market research and statistical analysis, analyse and research website visitors' demographics, interests, and pages viewed based on the information provided during ordering, from server log files, or surveys.
- With your consent, to contact you from time to time with information of new products and services or events that may be of interest to you.
- If you are an account holder, assessing financial risks including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- To fulfil our obligations owed to a relevant regulatory body such as taxation authority or revenue service as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests as referred to above include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer focused efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We consider it is within our legitimate interests to send you information about our products and services for marketing purposes following our receipt of your explicit consent to contact you about those products and services via such methods as agreed with you our customer.
With consent, we will send you marketing about similar products and services by post, telephone, email, SMS, and through digital channels. Digital channels include social media and similar such digital marketing channels (see Social Media section below).
We may upload and match personal data you provide us with data you provide via social media and similar digital channels. This allows us to improve our knowledge of you and in return serve you with relevant marketing messages.
If you do not wish to receive information and want to be removed from mailing lists in relation to this website, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information collected as described above, technology is used to collect anonymous information about the use of this website. These technologies may include though are not limited to, Google Analytics such as ‘Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting’. These and other technologies may be used to track which pages of this website visitors view as well as to collate non-personal demographic information about our visitors. Technology may also be used to determine which web browsers visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables the compilation of statistics about website visitors and their use of this website.
This website contains hyperlinks to other pages on this website. Technology may be used to track how often these links are used and which pages on this website visitors choose to view. Again this technology is not used to identify you personally and it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Such anonymous data is used to improve the content and functionality of this website and e-mail updates, to better understand clients and markets, and to improve services.
IP address may also be used to help diagnose problems with this website's server and to administer this website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many visitors are from outside of the UK.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will not be shared, sold or distributed with unrelated third parties, except under these circumstances:
- Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented.
- Personal Data will be transferred to third parties for further processing in order to fulfil orders placed by you via this Web Site and to provide an after sales service.
- Third parties are engaged to perform services or functions in order to manage and improve this website, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties include authorised contractors, consultants, legal advisors and other companies (collectively, "agents"). They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purposes than that which is contractually agreed. Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, that third party is contractually required to take adequate precautions to protect that data and maintain confidentiality. Information about you may also be received from other sources (such as demographic information and purchase history) and it may be added to records about you in order to make marketing efforts more efficient.
- The information in this website's databases may be shared or transferred to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of the databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
- Where you have consented, your information may be disclosed to partners or other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- During the purchase process, your information may be shared with certain intermediaries (e.g. APC) strictly to process and ship your order.
Data integrity and security
Personal Data in this website and other Wynnstay databases are maintained to a high standard of reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency and to protect the privacy and security of the databases. Personal Data will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Employees and third parties who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, and such unfortunate occurrences are prevented as far as reasonably possible by reasonable and proportionate safeguards in order to protect your data.
Third party sites
Compliance with Data Protection Laws. With regard to any personal data processed by PayPal and the merchant in connection with this Agreement, PayPal and the merchant will respectively each be a controller in respect of such processing. PayPal and the merchant agree to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Laws applicable to controllers in respect of the provision of their respective services and otherwise in connection with this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, PayPal and the merchant each have their own, independently determined privacy policies, notices and procedures for the personal data they hold and are each a data controller (and not joint data controllers). In complying with the Data Protection Laws, PayPal and the merchant shall, without limitation:
- implement and maintain at all times all appropriate security measures in relation to the processing of personal data;
- maintain a record of all processing activities carried out under this Agreement; and
- not knowingly do anything or permit anything to be done which might lead to a breach by the other party of the Data Protection Laws.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit identification of your Personal Data, such Personal Data held about you will be disclosed to you. Corrections, amendments or deletions to Personal Data that is inaccurate can be made and will be notified to any third party recipients.
If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please write to us at DPO, Wynnstay Group Plc, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ or via email@example.com. You will not be charged for a correction request, however, for all other requests, you may be charged a fee. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations. However, all requests will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR when in force.
Transfer of Personal Data abroad
Personal data which you submit to this website may be processed in a country other than England but steps are taken to ensure that your Personal Data is kept secure by contractual and technical means.
Of course the Internet is made up of a large number of international connections. If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which its server is located (currently UK), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this website and communicating electronically, you consent to these transfers.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Wynnstay Group PLC uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Targeted Marketing Cookies
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Wynnstay Online Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, delivery information, past purchases.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping cart whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Wynnstay Group PLC uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Wynnstay Group PLC uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Wynnstay) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Wynnstay Group PLC allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. Wynnstay Group PLC is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes.
Google Tag Manager
Facebook Custom Audiences
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 11/06/2019, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.