With spring turnout fast approaching, it is a crucial time to be thinking about dietary magnesium and making sure that the milkers’ ration is targeted to meet the cow’s production needs.
Cattle Energy Plus + Mag Bucket 25kg
- Buy 10 for £24.60 £20.50 each and save 9%
- Buy 40 for £24.00 £20.00 each and save 11%
- Can be safely fed to stock already treated with min-vit bolus or receiving multi-vitamin injection.
- Should not be fed to sheep.
- Meets cattle mineral, trace element and vitamin requirements.
- Balances grazing, forages and diets based on straights.
- Ratio can be widened during dry spells to prevent product surface from drying out.
- Offer ad-lib in the ratio of 1 bucket per 20-30 cattle or 30-40 sheep.
- Make sure bucket is sited away from any water source; making sure that feeding position is moved regularly in order to avoid localised poaching.
- Ratio can be widened during the summer.
- Youngstock 100-200g/day (1 tub per 35 head/week).
- Mature Cows 150-300g/day (1 tub per 22head/week).
|Exclusive to us||No|
Putting the economics to one side, a dairy cow has a genetic potential to produce milk and they will try their best to achieve this whether we choose to feed them appropriately or not. We must meet a cow’s nutrient requirement and feed for genetic potential or risk a negative effect to health or milk production. The skill for a nutritionist during challenging periods of feed cost is to manage the purchased feed cost per litre to mitigate the impact, whilst not sacrificing health or yield. Easy!