Dengie Alfa-A Original 20kg
- High fibre feed providing 10MJ/kg of digestible energy, which is comparable to a cool mix or cube
- Made from pure alfalfa, which is proven to aid digestive health and buffer acidity in the digestive tract
- Contains naturally occurring vitamins and minerals
- Rich in calcium
- Ideal for youngstock
- Dried at a high temperature to reduce the risk of mould
- Low dust content to promote a healthy respiratory system
The original pure alfalfa fibre feed, providing quality natural nutrients for working horses and ponies.
- A high fibre feed providing 10MJ/kg of Digestible Energy, which is comparable to a cool mix or cube
- Made from pure alfalfa which is proven to aid digestive health and buffer acidity in the digestive tract
- Contains naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, rich in calcium, making it ideal for breeding and young stock
How To Get The Most Out Of Feeding With Dengie Alfa-A Original
Alfa-A Original can be fed on its own or it can be combined with cubes or a mix for those horses with a higher energy requirement. If you are feeding Alfa-A Original as the sole feed, use a broad-spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement or balancer.
The alfalfa in Alfa-A Original is dried at a very high temperature to reduce the risk of mould. Efficient extraction processes ensure Alfa-A Original has a low dust content to promote a healthy respiratory system.
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Light Work (kg/day)||Medium/Hard Work Or For Condition (kg/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)||9–12.2||200||0.5||1.0|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2–13.2||300||0.5||1.5|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2–14.2||400||1.0||2.0|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2–15.2||450||1.0||2.0|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2–16.2||550||1.5||2.5|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||over 16.2||650||1.5||2.5|
One large Stubbs scoop = 400g
The suggested feeding levels are intended as a guide only. Always adjust your horse's feed ration to suit his temperament, the environmental conditions, his body condition and work load. If your horse is resting why not try one of the Dengie Hi-Fi products
How Hard Are You Working Your Horse?
The amount and kind of work your horse or pony is doing is an important factor when calculating the quantity and type of feed to give. Good quality fibre sources such as Alfa-A Original can meet the energy equirements of most horses and ponies in light to medium work . Just add Dengie Performance+ Balancer or Performance Vits & Mins to balance the diet.
NOTE: Horses are individuals and so always adjust your horse’s feed ration to suit his temperament and condition as well as his work load.
|Convalescence/Resting||Horses on box rest, or turned away.|
|Light work||Maximum of 1 hour per day hacking, mostly at walk with some trotting and cantering, or 30 minutes of schooling, mostly at the trot with some canter.|
|Medium work||Schooling, dressage, show-jumping, novice or intermediate 1 day eventing or hunting 1 day per week.|
|Hard Work||Advanced one day events. 3 day events, hunting 2 days per week, polo and all forms of racing.|
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’
Ingredients: Alfalfa, molasses.