Did you know that one of the more well-known signs of ageing in your horse is teeth issues? This can consist of lost or worn teeth, diastemas (gaps between the teeth), inflamed gums, fractured teeth, sharp enamel points and even arthritis of the jaw.
Spillers Happy Hoof 20kg
- Suitable for most horses & ponies
- Approved by the laminitis trust
- Low calories
- Ideal for horses & ponies in rest or in light work
- Weight 20kg
- Buy 10 for £15.71 £15.71 each and save 3%
- A unique, low calorie fibre blend suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
- Spillers Happy Hoof is proven to produce a low glycaemic response and, with the addition of magnesium, helps to maintain a healthy metabolism. The short chopped form extends eating time.
- Low levels of sugar and starch
- With biotin to support healthy hoof growth
- A palatable blend of straw, alfalfa, grass, garlic and rapeseed oil.
- Contains added vitamins and minerals including Biotin, Calcium, Zinc and Copper to support healthy hoof growth. Plus the key antioxidants vitamin E and Selenium which may support the laminar tissue.
|Exclusive to us||No|
A healthy digestive system is a key source of health and wellbeing in the horse. With many owners facing the cold weather and waterlogged fields, supporting the horse’s digestive tract becomes a top priority…
Grass may contain high levels of simple sugars (mainly sucrose – the same sugar you put in your tea!) and fructan or ‘stored sugar’, collectively referred to as water soluble carbohydrates or ‘WSC’. For severely laminitic horses and ponies complete removal from grazing may be the only the option, particularly during high risk periods such as spring and autumn.