Country Value Poppy Wildflower
£0.83 £0.83VAT FREE
- The popular and poignant Field or 'Flanders' poppy with scarlet tissue paper petals.
- Adds a splash of colour to borders and wild gardens.
- Prefers an open sunny position and well drained cultivated soil.
- Sow outdoors March to May or August to September.
- Flowers June to September.
- Height 60cm
Sow outdoors in March to May or August to October
- In a prepared seed bed in flowering position
- Sow thinly in rows 20cm (8in) apart
- Cover with 0.5cm of fine soil
- Firm gently and keep moist
- Make 2-3 sowings for successive flowering
- Seedling appear 14- 28 days
- When large enough thin to 15cm (6in) apart
- Keep moist and weed free
- Protect late sowing with clothes in cold weather
- Flowers May to August
- Late sowings flower the following year
Write Your Own Review